The Official Newsletter of
Eliminating Check Calls
Fit to Pass
eBOL – Elevating Shippers
Latest DOT HOS Rules
3 Easy Ways to Eliminate Check Calls
Claim Back Your Time & Money
By Matthew Meeks
It’s time to ditch that PHONE!
We’re not suggesting you throw out your smart phone, that’s absurd…it’s more about using it in a more efficient way.
The supply chain is often thought of as three individual components: freight brokers, shippers, and carriers/drivers. While these individual sectors have their own unique set of needs to successfully do business, it’s the seamless connectivity of the three that truly elevates the supply chain. And modern technology can greatly help.
So, let’s break this down plain simple… Here are the three things all freight professionals can do to eliminate check calls, save time, and put more money back in their pockets – all while contributing to a more efficient modernized future of the supply chain…
The Latest Tool Elevating Shippers to New Heights
A Supply Chain Update
By Matthew Meeks
Shippers, listen up… This one’s for you!
The supply chain has seen a lot of modern advances in technology and digital automation processes over the last few years. One of the most recent developments being…electronic bill of lading (eBOL) and electronic proof of delivery (ePOD). These solutions are proving to be the tools to take your business to the next level.
This is the next generation of document digitization and data exchanging for the supply chain, providing multiple ways for shippers and receivers to provide the necessary documents to drivers – including allowing documents to be…
U.S. Department of Transportation modernizes Hours of Service Rules
(Key Revisions to FMCSA Rules)
Brought to you by Geotab
On May 14, 2020, the FMCSA announced the intention to publish a Final Rule which updates the Federal Hours of Service Rules for commercial driving. There are four main revisions:
- An increase in safety and flexibility for the 30-minute break rule by requiring a break after 8 hours of consecutive driving and allowing the break to be satisfied by a driver using on-duty, not driving status, rather than off-duty status.
- Modification to the sleeper-berth exception to allow drivers to split their required 10 hours off-duty into two periods: an 8/2 split, or a 7/3 split — with neither period counting against the driver’s 14‑hour driving window.
- Modification of the adverse driving conditions exception through extending by two hours the maximum window during which…
Espyr Introduces New Mobile App for Its Fit to Pass Program
Focusing on Improving the Health and Wellness of Professional Drivers
Espyr’s Fit to Pass is a year-round coaching program designed to improve the health of professional drivers. Ninety days prior to a driver’s DOT re-certification exam, the program intensifies to help them pass the test.
Fit to Pass benefits both drivers and their employers by:
- Keeping drivers on the road
- Helping retain experienced, skilled drivers
- Saving on hiring and training new drivers
- Reducing driver sick days
- Increasing overall productivity
Espyr has partnered with Transflo to also integrate the Fit to Pass program with the Transflo Mobile+ app too. This creates more options for carriers to easily…
Affordable pricing with available inventory. Get a FMCSA-certified Transflo ELD with no up front hardware costs and a lifetime upgrades/warranty on ELD equipment. (An activation fee may apply depending on fleet size)
Transflo Mobile Manage your whole workday – anywhere, anytime! Weigh station bypass, truck navigation with live traffic, E-Logs, loads, documents, & more.
Transflo Completes Electronic Logging Device Registration with FMCSA